Russian Tea Cakes
Time 60 min
Time1 hr 15 min
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl.
Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie
sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in
powdered sugar again.